Today is Alex's 5th birthday.
I worked in the morning since it is the dreaded month-end, and Alex wanted to take treats to daycare today. So I picked her up just before lunchtime to spend the afternoon with her.
We went to the party store and then decided to go to lunch. Of all places she could pick -- she chose Spangles, and she ate a corndog and fries and drank a root beer.
Then we had to run to the grocery store for the rainbow sherbert and cake plates that we forgot at the party store.
We ran home and dropped off the goodies and we were going to assemble party favor bags...but I forgot them, so off we went, back to the grocery store for the bags.
Then we went to the bank to deposit some of her birthday money and to pick up her birthday present -- a princess shaped container filled with lip gloss, she loved it! And it's pretty appropriate since we are having a girl's spa night party tomorrow!
Then we had to run to the cake place (the first year I am not making her cake) to pick up the cake and finally headed home.
We filled the favor bags and then I asked her what she wanted to do: go shopping for some clothes, go to a movie, play mini-golf, go to the zoo, or to the park to feed the ducks. She wanted to see a movie, however after checking and finding that there weren't any new ones out that she wanted to see, she decided she wanted to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie at home.
So here we are...I am getting ready to do some cleaning and then we are going to meet Derek and Lauren for dinner. Alex has no idea that when we get home from dinner we are going to give her the bicycle for her birthday. She's going to love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment