My scrapbook room is almost complete! The room is a pretty Caribbean blue color ("sea wave" according to the paint chip)...the shelves have been painted white and bulletin board has been hung, the curtain completed, and the accessories (lighting, storage) purchased.
One small thing missing: furniture -- tables, in particular. I am hoping to acquire some in the near future, and then I can call it complete. Although I have a television, I noticed yesterday I was missing a radio. Anyone who crops regularly until the wee hours of the night will tell you that you must be able to listen to Delilah and all her wisdom every now and then.
Tonight I sold many of the books I used to have on my bookshelves (now storing scrapbook supplies there). I made quite a bit of cash, but took it all in trade so we can acquire MORE books! Alex and I spent a lot of time wide-eyed, trying to take it all in. We like to smell the old books, and see if we recognize any of them from our collection. She was very excited the entire time we were there. She helped carry in one of the boxes and insisted on taking the empty boxes home so that we could bring them more and trade for different books. I let her pick out books for herself and for Lauren. She chose 5 for herself and 3 for her sister.
Her favorite book tonight is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Apparently she reads it at daycare because she was telling me the whole story on the ride home. I'm glad she loves to read. I hope she continues to enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment