Saturday, January 31, 2009

NOW I REMEMBER...

Now I remember why I hate shopping. It's been so long since I have shopped for myself, I was beginning to think that I just couldn't enjoy my own company. But no, that is not it. I actually like being alone, in the peace and quiet with only my thoughts to keep me company. What I don't like is trying on 23 pairs of slacks (in varying styles, colors and sizes) and several dozen blouses in a 3 1/2 hour period.

It really stinks to be my size. And it stinks even more that I don't have any friends who can shop in the same department as me. I hate it. I've always said that if I could change something about myself, it wouldn't be my weight, it would be my height. It's incredible what a difference just a few inches would make. I could shop in a totally different department, straight off the rack.

In the end I only found 3 pairs, in two styles of slacks that fit, and they didn't have my size in black in one of them (in all the stores in town!), so I ended up getting the next size up and my favorite alterations lady will tailor them to fit. Sadly not a single blouse was purchased. I will have to work on that. But I am done shopping for a little while. I literally dropped when I returned home, exhausted from a busy shopping day!

No comments: