Wednesday, January 7, 2009

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS

OK, so Alex got some Barbies and furniture for Christmas. She is starting to get into it, so we converted the lower 2 shelves of her armoire into an "apartment" for her 15 dolls! I tiled the kitchen, and she has carpet scraps as rugs, and then we hung pictures (picture frame ornaments) around the house. Anyway, you get the idea... so we were setting up where she wanted her dolls and getting them dressed. I kept putting their shoes on and she kept taking them off, so finally I asked her why she didn't just leave the shoes on so she doesn't lose them, and she said, "Because Mom, we take our shoes off when we are in the house!!" My own words coming back to haunt me... I guess that just goes to prove that it's a good idea to instill these habits when they are young, then it will become second nature to them!

No comments: