Sunday, January 25, 2009

YEA LAUREN!

Lauren and I were home alone today and she told me she needed to go potty, so I started to follow her into the bathroom when she scolded me, "No, Mommy. I do it myself!" and with that she pushed me to the hallway.

I sat and watched her successfully go through the motions: turn on the light, move the stool to the toilet, put the Dora potty seat on the toilet, pull her pants down and climb the step and get on the toilet. Then it happened, she went! Then she wiped herself, pulled up her pants, flushed, moved the stool, washed and dried her hands, and then turned off the light! All entirely on her own without any prompting or assistance from me. OK, I'll admit that she has done it before...for Derek...but this is the first time for me, so I made a huge deal out of it, cheering and clapping. She was so proud of herself. We marked it on her potty chart that her Mia made her.

In celebration of this milestone, I thought I would post a photo of her...this is on the old potty a few months ago, now she has a potty seat, but you get the idea.




No comments: