Well, I am home today. I had planned to take tomorrow off to bake and decorate Lauren's birthday cake, clean, do laundry, etc. but I went to bed with an upset stomach and woke up with a migraine. So I decided I might as well stay home today to recup and try to get some of this birthday stuff accomplished.
I took some meds and went back to bed, slept until 9:30, so fortunately the migraine is gone now. But I still have a stomachache, so I am slowly eating a peanut butter & honey sandwich. At least I won't have any temptation to taste test the icing!
Right now I have Lauren's Dora cake baking in the oven. I really hope it turns out better than last year when I had my first cake disastor the day before her first birthday. I managed to have not one, but two cake baking failures. I decided it was the pan and gave up, then went to plan B. I made cupcakes and aranged them in the shape of a tiara. A couple of months ago Jennifer borrowed my butterfly pan and had no problem at all with it. So maybe it was my oven. ; )
6 minutes to go...I'll let you know how it turns out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment