So today Derek and I went out to lunch. We ran into one of his old
girlfriends. Apparently she used to be quite sleazy and was actually
cheating on her husband when dating Derek. Shortly after he stopped
talking to her, she divorced and cheated on the next guy she was
dating and so on...
Anyway, today she was at lunch with a couple of people and was there
with her infant daughter. I only saw her sitting in her short shorts,
but I began to feel a little pudgy when doing a mental comparison...
then I realized that while I still weigh less than I did when I came back
from maternity leave, I have been slacking the past few months and
really need to get back in the habit. I have been going to the Y, and I
feel so much better afterward, but I probably need to step it up and
start getting on my stationary bike in the mornings and evenings. I do
have a goal of eventually getting up early enough to workout before
my shower. That might take baby steps though.
If I could just become allergic to chocolate and ice cream that would
really help. Or at least get violently ill when I consume them.
Starting tomorrow (going to the Y tonight) I am riding my bike!
I think I will make it a contest for myself and see how many
miles I can go. Nothing like a late summer resolution!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment