Is anyone else as freaking excited as I am about the Olympics? I don't
watch much sports these days, but how can you resist watching
the best athletes in the world compete? And it's nice to know we
can put aside our differences for just a while and unite long enough
to cheer on our favorite athletes, no matter where they are from.
I have been watching Michael Phelps as he continues to break world
records (many of them his own) and surpass Mark Spitz as the
greatest Olympian of all time. Beating the French by hundredths of
a second after the French said they were going to "smash the
Americans," was very fulfilling to watch. Last night he became the
greatest swimmer of all time. So much for such a young guy. I can't
believe he is only 23 years old. Hope he doesn't let it affect his ego
too much. I really like watching the swimming competitions since
they are so quick, and most end within a couple of minutes. I can
hold my breath most of that time in anticipation!
We've also been watching the gymnastics competitions. Alex refers
to her favorite sport as "straddling," which I think she means the
pommel horse. Hopefully the young men's team will continue to
improve in the next four years as they mature. The women's team
made some costly mistakes, but should be proud of winning the
silver medal. They are on the heels of China and are still young
enough to beat them out next time.
We have also watched some volleyball....Derek more than the rest
of us. Wonder if the skimpy suits have anything to do with it? : )
One guy I work with admitted he likes to watch volleyball the
most...then he told me, "I'm old, I'm not DEAD." OK then...
One other good thing about the Olympics is that it draws people's
attention away from my favorite online store: eBay. As a result,
right after the men's swimming relay win, I was able to win an
auction as well -- I finally won a home cervical traction unit!!
I am so excited! Now I will be able to do physical therapy at home
and maybe the chronic headaches and migraines I have had off and
on for the last year and a half will be a thing of the past.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment