Looking at my last post it seems like so far away! Lauren has made a lot of potty training progress in the last week, going several times at daycare and home, so diapers are becoming a thing of the past as we begin to phase them out.
Right now her reward for using the potty (#1 and #2) is getting to wear a pull-up, and a sticker for her book. She is pretty excited about that. Once she graduates from pull-ups to big girl underwear, she will get to take a special trip to the store to pick some out. That was a big step for Alex, no more pull-ups demonstrated our confidence in her and in turn she became very confident in herself and her ability to pay attention to her body. It's really been a lot easier with Lauren than I thought it was going to be. She has it figured out, I just have to wait for her to get to the point that she doesn't like feeling wet. It just doesn't bother her at this point. But we are getting there and I am pretty proud of her. It also means we are one step closer to Honeytree Academy, the preschool that we have been on a waiting list for next year's enrollment for over a year. Lauren will have to be potty trained before we can enroll the girls there.
I am excited at the thought of not purchasing diapers and pull-ups anymore, but sad to see my baby growing up. Watch for photos of her during this phase...coming soon.
I have been working on some long posts to update everyone on the last couple of weeks.
Yes I am still sick, but I feel SO much better today. So good, in fact, that we made a family trip to the Dr. office this afternoon to get flu shots. The girls did great. It really didn't hurt longer than a millisecond this year. I am not sure if our nurses were that good or if the strain just didn't burn and sting as much this year.
I let the girls eat a piece of Halloween candy afterward and then we took them to McDonald's as a special treat. They were really wanting the Madagascar toys I think, because Daddy had to help them finish their dinners. When we got home and we ate, they wanted to eat off our plates. Oh well.
Let's hope we are all healthy this flu season. I don't intend to miss another immunization as long as it is available. I have never gotten sick from it, but I have seen what happens when I don't get it. I will never forget two years ago when the immunization was in short supply and we weren't able to get the shot since we weren't in the high risk category, and Lauren was too young to get it. The three of us tested positive (Lauren never got it) out of 5 total patients at our Dr. office that got it. It was miserable, it lingered for what seemed like forever (in actuality a week), and I was a total wreck worrying about Alex and her high fever and fearing that Lauren would catch it. And we all felt crappy at the same time.
Well, that's enough for now. An extended post or two will be coming this weekend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment