Tonight I judged a round of debate at Maize High School. They were hosting a debate tournament this weekend for the area.
This year's topic was whether the US Government should significantly increase incentives for alternative forms of energy. The kids I judged were awesome! I was so impressed with them, and it took me back to my days of high school debate tournaments and competition. It was nice to be on the other side with all the power!
It was a difficult decision, but in the end I voted for the Affirmative team, whose case was for algae biodiesel. It was a great experience for me and I plan to do it again in the future. My mom and brother both helped out as well and we all enjoyed it and were talking about it for a couple of hours afterward.
Ironically the names of the kids on each team were the same! Both girls were named Katie and both boys were named Alex. Strange, huh? It occurred to me afterward that I am now old enough to be these kids' mother...I was in debate before they were even born!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment